Re: Clutch

To: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 23:02:31 -0600
Alan & Gary,

The transmission still has to transmit drive torque through the
uni-directional (Sprague) clutch in the OD unit, even when OD is
dis-engaged. Not relevant but also, the rear cone clutch takes the over
run & reverse torque to prevent free wheeling. If the Sprague clutch is
slipping it will get rapidly worse.

You are probably right about it being the clutch. I had a situation with
the clutch slipping due to a sticky release mechanism causing it to not
fully engage. I guess the standard remedy of replacing the clutch
release hose would be a good first try. I have never experienced it, but
many people say that an internally collapsed hose will act as a one way
valve & not let fluid return when the clutch pedal is released.

Dave Russell