ignition light stays on

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net '" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: ignition light stays on
From: William Moyer <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 07:48:20 -0400
My first trip out with the BJ7 this spring was great, my daughter drove half
the hour with me white knuckling it minimally and screaming in terror only
once.  However, when we were out I noticed that each time we started the
car, there was less and less enthusiasm from the battery.  Since the
ignition light has been moving closer and closer to my navel over the years,
it's almost impossible for me to see it while driving.   However, when I
pulled the car back into the garage, there it was shining brightly and it
stayed on when I increased engine rpm.  I'd been driving on the battery and
it was a good thing we drove home when we did.

My plan is to check the output of the generator while the engine is running,
then turn to the voltage regulator contacts.  Any other ideas?

Bill Moyer, Chimera