Re: Car stopped puzzle - Why?

To: Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: Car stopped puzzle - Why?
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 14:34:27 -0600
Why do you guys continue to put up with master switches. The Lucas
switch is very poorly designed & constructed so no wonder it causes so
many problems. They are the cause of more mysterious electrical problems
than any other part of the car. I can't see how grounding the coil helps
prevent hot wire theft since there is no battery connection anyway. If
someone is thinking that it is a good way to shut off a runaway engine
in case of an accident, the boot is the wrong location for it,
especially on top of the exposed fuel tank. If it is to prevent burndown
in the garage, "grounding along the chassis rail" a car with such poor
wiring shouldn't be driven in the first place & so, doesn't need a
battery. If it is just for concours correctness, putting both heavy
wires on one terminal & insulating the coil ground connection would do
the job. So why again?

Dave Russell
BN2  - No master switch