Re: AH100-4 - a few detail questions please.....

To: <Fiat500f@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AH100-4 - a few detail questions please.....
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 23:21:17 -0500
I will try to answer #4, early cars came with a two piece dash, I assume
your freinds does not, but if it does it should be pretty easy because the
"silver part" is the insert.  If it is a one piece I tried using masking
tape, but it didn't handle the sharp curves well, then got some 3-M brand
tape from an auto body supply place and carefully masked it off and painted
it with a silver colered auto body touch up paint in a spray can, for
originality and your eyes you should avoid a silver that is too bright and
shiny. If all the guages aren't out take them out, can be done in the car,
but probably easier and you can do a better job if it is removed.

for question # 3 mine are on P clips on the fender bolts, but they were
scraping the tires when I bought the car so I have no idea what the original
solution was, somebody on the list will, I am interested in the answer too.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1