Re: 6 cylinder in a 100 chassis

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 6 cylinder in a 100 chassis
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:42:16 -0400
On Thu May 13 2004 12:29 pm, Freese, Ken wrote:
> V8 Healeys, I understand. Substituting a non stock 6, I cannot fathom. 3000
> or 1006 blocks are still very cheap, offer as much power as your wallet can
> stand, sound fantastic, more reliable than transplant engineering, have
> good parts availability, and preserve the escalating car value.

At the risk of throwing the cat amongst the chickens, the BMC 3000 six is to
the Datsun 280ZX six approximately as the Harley is to the Gold Wing, if you
catch my drift.

So yes, as someone who takes a back seat to no one in my appreciation of all
things Healey, it still makes perfect sense to me to pull the original
engine, rebuild it, put it on a pallet in the corner of the garage for
posterity, and put the miles on an injected OHC six that provides more power,
better driveability and better fuel economy.

V8 Healeys, I do not understand.  Why not just get a Cobra or clone and be
done with it?

YMMV, of course.  :-)
--
John Miller

That which is not good for the swarm, neither is it good for the bee.