AH 100-4 - two more detail questions please....

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: AH 100-4 - two more detail questions please....
From: Fiat500f@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 01:05:20 EDT
Hi again,

Two more easy detail questions about my friends 1954 AH100-4 which we are
working on please.  We just put in an original SU fuel after having removed
some
cheesy plastic thing.  I am not sure about the fuel tank to fuel pump
connection.  The fuel pump to fuel line going to the carbs is on and correct,
but I
can't tell how the other fuel pump connection should be.  The car has a metal
fuel line coming from the tank which just ends near the fuel pump.  Should the
metal line continue to the pump and in some way connect to the pump or does a
rubber type hose connect to the metal pipe coming from the tank, and then the
hose connects to the pump in some way?

#2:  On the rear side of the body panel that the fuel pump bolts to, right
next to the pump, is a metal tab of sorts that looks like it should be holding
something.  It's similar to the metal tab on the passenger side (USA Spec) of
the same panel, which holds the battery cable.  Any ideas what the one on the
drivers side holds?

Please answer one or both!

Sincerely,

Paul Barnes