RE: Thermostat Selection in Hot climates

To: "'Dave & Marlene'" <rusd@velocitus.net>
Subject: RE: Thermostat Selection in Hot climates
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 18:17:07 -0500
Hi Dave,

There is no boiling, or evident overheating, it's running at 195.  I'm just
trying to knock it down about 10 degrees.  I don't know what the PO has in
there as far as a thermostat and cap, so I want to get new of both,
especially as they might not be the correct types, but what they sell at pep
boys..

I am straightening the fins that are bent (not too many) this weekend.    If
that doesn't drop it down, I will have the system flushed, then Texas cooler
(along with poly transmission bushings).  With the very hot summer on the
way, I want to get the cooling system as efficient as possible.

Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
'57 A-H 100-Six - http://Austin-Healeys.com
Please see my parts wanted list at the site...