Re: RE: RE: Thermostat Selection in Hot climates

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: RE: Thermostat Selection in Hot climates
From: sbyers <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:17:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, Patton -
The hardest part is removing the gauge sensor from the head and then
removing the gauge from the dash while you thread the sensor line through
the firewall without kinking or breaking it.
After the gauge is removed, you can check the calibration by sticking the
sensor in a pan of boiling water and checking to see if the needle
stabilizes at 212F.  If not, remove the gauge bezel and glass, pull off the
needle (carefully), and then reposition it to read exactly 212 with the
sensor immersed in the boiling water.  You and I both live at or close to
sea level, so this is accurate enough.  You can use boiling distilled water,
if you wish.

I tried to calibrate the gauge without removing it from the dash, but it's
difficult to keep the water actively boiling in a container without having
it on the stove.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA

>On Wed, 26 May 2004 12:13:35 -0500 Patton Dickson <kpdii@earthlink.net>
wrote.
>Steve,

>What do I need to do to check this?  Does it have to go Nisonger
Instrument,