Mufflers, Silencers, whatever

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mufflers, Silencers, whatever
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:35:13 -0500
Hi All, here's a muffler problem I have with my BT7 Mk2.  The sucker's
WAY TOO LOUD.  It has under 500 miles since installed new.  It came from
M+++ with other parts I ordered during the recent restoration of this
car so it sat around for a couple of years before I put it on .  It is
properly mounted and the system is not bumping against the car anywhere.
I've seen many mufflers in my 42 years of Healey ownership and I've
noticed several different guts arrangements.  Anyway, I'd like to have
some feedback on sources of good stock style mufflers ( 2 in and 2 out)
for pre-BJ8 six cylinder cars.  I guess I feel like I got a pretty poor
quality muffler.  I'm not interested in an Abarth or Stebro system.  I
love that sweet Healey bark but this sounds almost like an empty can
with a very tinny resonance to it.  Anyone else ever had this problem??
Thanks for your help!!
Jack