Re: Petronix Troubleshooting

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <tomfelts@earthlink.net>, <neilberg@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Petronix Troubleshooting
From: "Randolph Cooper" <RANDOLPH.COOPER@netl.doe.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:26:15 -0400
Tom et al,
I've not yet installed my Petronix, but I have used electronic systems
on several bikes in the past.  When they work, they work.  Failure is
infrequent but there is no warning--it's just over.  I saw a recent
suggestion to carry a points plate among your spares.  I do that with my
bikes, and although I've yet to do a road-side replacement, I at least
have the capability to get rolling again in the unlikely event the
electronics puke on me.

RAndy Cooper
BT7 and bikes with Dyna

>>> "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net> 6/10/2004 9:38:54 PM >>>

FWIW,I was told that if the Pertronix was going bad, it doesn't give
any
warning--just goes---either works or it doesn't.  Anyone confirm?  As
far
as them failing, I have used it in my Healey for 6 years and in my
E-Type
for 5 years---never a wimper.

tom