Re: Re timing marks (carbs)

To: "Eric \(Rick\) Wilkins" <wilko2@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Re timing marks (carbs)
From: "frogeye" <frogeye@swcp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:27:15 -0600
Rick,  We are discussing HD's. As to H, HS they have a separate cam
adjustment for the fast idle in concert with the choke application. The
issue is whether the butterfly should be allowed to "shut" using the
internal bore of the carburetor body as the "stop" or alternatively using
the provided set screws to accomplish the task.
 I don't know how much clearer I can be.
Regards,
Dave
PS, IMHO SU's have no choke "circuit" as you call it. The jet bearing is
mechanically displaced to allow more fuel to flow past the metering needle.

Frogeye@SWCP.com Taos Garage Annex in Albuquerque
'62 BT7 MK II,  '54 BN1,  '62 Fiat 1600S
http://www.britishcarforum.com/TaosAnnex.html