Lighting Relay

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lighting Relay
From: Neil McDonald <nimcdonald@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:19:57 -0700
My BN6 is fitted with modern standard halogen headlight units and a pair of
Moss "Lucas reproduction" spotlights. The spots have a dash mounted on-off
switch and a cut-out relay, activated by the main beam headlight circuit, so
they will only work when the headlights are on main beam. The relay was
unscientifically selected from the after-market selection at the local
autoparts store.

The system worked fine at first, then the relay died after about an hour of
service. Could be a faulty unit, but more likely one side or other of the
relay circuit was electrically overloaded due to my poor relay selection!

Can anyone provide a suggestion for a replacement relay or provide a more
scientific basis for choosing the replacement?

Neil
Neil McDonald
BN6
North Vancouver BC