Ignition light

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition light
From: Simonlachlan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:00:40 EDT
Hi, I have a Mk II 3000....

Just a quick query, I hope.Can anyone tell me if the little bulb in the red
ignition warning light is a screw or bayonet fit?

My bulb has blown after a protracted period of on/off behaviour.....juice  is
still getting to the holder at the correct times, so the problem is the bulb
or the contacts within the holder.

I suspect that an attempt to remove the bulb will end in tears, one way or
the other...has anyone ever rewired one of these units? Is it all solder in
there, or crimp/press fittings?
I may just replace both bulb and holder, but don't want to hit the
unexpected.

Simon