Splash Apron Confusion

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Splash Apron Confusion
From: "Rick Neves _._" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:25:24 -0400
I am beginning to do the final fit of the body panels on my BN-2. I received a
new front splash Apron from Moss. This vehicle didn't come with one. I'm
wondering how the Apron fits on the car. I had the opportunity to view a
couple of 3000's last weekend and it appears that the apron does not go up
against the front shroud but stands off it about 1 inch.

My front shroud has a crease in it right where the apron would go across. I
thought this was either from being pushed in due to an accident or that the
apron fit tight in the crease. There is also a couple of holes in the shroud,
like may be the splash apron bolted into those positions. Moss also has listed
in the assemblies "Piping for the front apron on a 100-4 but I don't see any
for the 3000. And there are two different part numbers for the two aprons.

So does anybody know if the front apron on a 100-4 is up tight? (against the
shroud!)
AND, Should the front shroud have a crease? Or should I flatten that out?

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2

_._