Battery

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battery
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:08:11 -0400
Hello List!

I've just rejoined the list after 4 or so years of absence.....  Hello
everybody!
I' have had to let my freshly restored nearly complete 3000 MK 2 Tri Carb BT7
languish in my garage, covered,  for the last 2 1/2 years as I attended to
health issues...  I am finally back to where I think I can do what is required
to get it rolling again and the first order of business is a battery. (Two and
a half years of inactivity have turned the reproduction tar-top battery into
an interesting looking door-stop. -liquids ARE full and it won't take any
charge). I've decided to take the cheaper route by replacing it (for the time
being) with a modern battery, like a Die-Hard, or the like. -So I figured this
would be REALLY easy for the list!  What are the specs for a six cylinder
Healey battery???  I figured there has to be a recommended "amp hour" spec, or
something like that.....

Thanks folks,
Glad to be back!
David W. Jones