Re: Mirrors (was: It don't matter what's BEHIND you)

To: rjhco <rjh@hockertlaw.us>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mirrors (was: It don't matter what's BEHIND you)
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:19:39 -0700
Jim:

Good tip re: the Talbot web-site - I have a couple of old ones that could
use some parts.

What some of us here have been doing ( only feasible on BJ7 - BJ8's):
Mounting the Lucas wing mirrors on the doors, just opposite the vent
windows, I think about 8 1/2 or 9 inches rearward from the leading edge of
the door.   Because of the 'cranked' arm design and the ample pivot angles
available, this allows the passenger side mirror to be quite functional, and
there's plenty of clearance for the vent windows to swing past when opened.
Looks reasonably proper for the car too.

Bit of a pain to mount - the door trim panel has to come off, and it can be
'fun' to get the nut started and tightened.

I have a BJ9 with a self-dimming dash mirror - works so well that I'm trying
to figure out how to adapt one for the Healey (BJ8) without it looking too
ugly.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb