Re: BJ8 - The first bigger drive first impressions......

To: rusd@velocitus.net, heliskier@direcway.com
Subject: Re: BJ8 - The first bigger drive first impressions......
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:02:58 EDT
In a message dated 7/2/2004 2:44:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rusd@velocitus.net writes:
Does anyone know where to get a better sender to tank gasket than
the flimsy one sold by Moss? It appears to be a cork material that gets
soft & squeezes out of the joint under the slightest pressure.
Especially when saturated with Hylomar
Dave--

Try getting another one and see if it is any thicker and more supple.  I
spent a whole afternoon trying to reuse  a not-very-old gasket a while
back--despite careful application of beads of Hylomar on both faces, etc. etc
it just
would not seal.  I finally got a fresh new one and it sealed, though there
didn't
seem to be that big a difference between it and the old one.

An appreciable amount of Hylomar made its way into the fuel tank in the
process and prior to departing for Conclave I inspected the in-line fuel filter
that is installed under the wheel arch prior to the fuel pumps.  There was a
lot
of Hylomar visible and after dissecting the filter I felt the Hylomar--despite
its constant immersion in gasoline its consistency was just like it came out
of the tube.  BTW, some time back I pulled the fuel pickup from the tank and
removed the screen on the end--I don't like having filters that cannot be
easily serviced in the field.

Best--Michael Oritt