Re: driving light reflectors

To: acmiller@mhcable.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: driving light reflectors
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:15:17 -0400
I don't think chrome was perfected and in standard use early on. Most
cars had nickel plating or stainless for the trim. Silver was highly
reflective (possibly cheaper, less exotic process way back when) and
usually put on thin, I tried to polish a reflector for a 30 Chevy and
the silver polish I used took it all right off. Look for a plater that
specializes in other than chrome. Lamps and Architectural stuff. They do
brass and silver and restore serving sets and sugar bowls. That's who
did the reflectors for us years ago. I don't see why it can't be chromed
now days.

Dave