Water Leaks (was: Other views of Hardtops)

To: "Jerry Costanzo" <grumpyingb@surewest.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water Leaks (was: Other views of Hardtops)
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:35:00 -0400
Jerry,
Not to start another thread or anything <grin> but I'd bet your water leak
"under the shroud from somewhere" may have come from a wiper shaft leak.
Many years ago I had a tricarb BT7 that had never been apart, and still had
the original factory soft top and sidescreens. We were out in some pretty
terrific rain storms from time to time and the weather equipment never
leaked a drop. The only leak ever experienced was after about twenty
minutes, my right knee would start to get wet. Investigation found that the
water came down the left wiper shaft, drip onto something else under the
dash, eventually finding my knee.
Rich Chrysler