Timing Light Solution

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing Light Solution
From: Neil McDonald <nimcdonald@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:02:06 -0700
Thanks for all of the suggestions. The answer is (thanks Rod Shepherd) that
the inductive clamp on the HT lead does seem to care which way it faces. Also,
with a metal clamp case, you have to make sure that the clamp does not touch
anything else but the HT lead.

Although my instruction book says nothing about it, I discovered a very small
arrow with the words "spark plug"on the HT lead clamp. So after reversing the
polarity of the power leads, (I figured that easy one out right out of the
box!!!), I set the clamp on the HT lead so that the "spark plug arrow"
actually faces away from the spark plug.  It now works just fine!

Neil
Neil McDonald
BN6
North Vancouver BC