RE: horn puzzle

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: horn puzzle
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:44:56 -0400
Hi R.,
The way the horn circuit works is:
Power from the 1/2 fuse (not ign switched) via the purple wire goes to
both horns.
The other terminal on the horn(s) has a purple and black wire which goes
up the stator tube to the horn button. When the button is pressed the
purple and black is grounded through the stator tube itself to complete
the circuit.
If you momentarily ground one of the horn terminals which has the purple
and black wire on it the horns will blow. If you ground the other the
fuse will blow. Not as loud!!! There should always be 12 VDC at all 4
horn terminals (2 horns) when tested with a test light which is
grounded. Hope that helps.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com