Upholstery questions

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Upholstery questions
From: djjob@noos.fr
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:36:08 MEST
Ive received my new leather seat covers and Im searching for an upholsterer to
install them.

Its likley the person I find here wont have done Healey seats so Id like to
know a bit more about them, to pass on. The old covers were not original and Im
sure were not correctly installed.

1. Is there any material that goes on the back of the seat backs before
installing the covers? Thin foam? felt?

2. As the seat backs are entirely metal Im wondering how the covers are fixed
in place to get a good tight fit. Are there clips? None came with the covers.
Are they just glued?

3. Same question re the seat bottoms. I know there are some small clips round
the sides as I took them off when I removed the old covers. Is it just a
combination of glue and these clips that are used on the seat bottoms.

cheers

Derek
www.healeysix.net