Re: RE: Vacuum advance checkout on DM6 distributor question

To: "rjhco" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Subject: Re: RE: Vacuum advance checkout on DM6 distributor question
From: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:01:59 +0000
Jim,

Thanks for your most useful article. I will reassemble the distributor, retime
as per manual specs and richen up the mixture a flat or two.  One note on plug
three.  I backed off the front SU a few flats at last tune up thinking I was
too rich.

Perhaps I was chasing my tail with advance problems.
For tose who have not read the article I recommend it.
If nothing else it relieved me to know the secondary advance spring (heavy one)
should be slightly looser than the primary spring which is what I observed.

Hummmmm - fuel starvation at high RPMs/load, all the graphs in your article
indicate this to be a characteristic of the Healey engine.

Tracy