RE: Healey Ain't No "Girly-Men's" Car

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Healey Ain't No "Girly-Men's" Car
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:54:00 -0500
I think John's posting is also disrespectful to women WITH hair on their
chests.

A few more thoughts:

Guy convertibles:

Triumph TR6 -- square lines, heavy clutch
TR4, TR250 The big later Jag convertibles with the V-12 engine
Sunbeam, especially the Tigers
Triumph GT6
Giant '60s era American convertibles -- Pontiac, Chevy, etc.

Chick convertibles:

A whole fleet of anonymous GM econobox convertibles -- Sunfire, Cavalier
Triumph Spitfire Bugeyes

Androgynous:

Alfa Spider
'80s and early '90s sedan-based BMW convertibles
Big Cadillac convertibles

Also, re the original Jag E-type convertible, I believe it was the late
Henry Manney III of Road and Track who first described it as "the
world's greatest crumpet catcher."

But that, of course, is disrespectful to all yeast-based products.

Graham