Re: Delage (still no Healey Content) shifting to political

To: Bill Lawrence <ynotink@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Delage (still no Healey Content) shifting to political
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 01:29:09 -0600
Bill,

I totally agree with you.There are no permanent friendships between
nations. Only relationships of expediency for the moment, which are ever
changing. At this time, France is definitely not our friend, if they
ever were.

TheFrench help of America during our revolutionary war was only promoted
due to the extreme animosity between England & France which was started
when the French William the Conqueror took control of England at the
Battle of Hastings in 1066. The later help of America during our
revolutionary war was motivated by France's desire to further weaken
England. The French are never anybodys long time friends, only as long
as they imagine some personal gain from the alliance. Due to our
superior military power they don't  like to be left out of the important
decisions that "they, the elite of world society" think they should be
involved in. Much the same thinking applies in Germany.

Bob,
You appear to be of the elitest persuasion. The French are not elite,
only self disillusioned & annoyingly noisly rude & ready to take any
opportunity to further their national goals. Treacherous, comes to mind.
Probably due to their frustrtion of lack of any real power in world
affairs. You can take credit, as can I, for adding fuel to this off
topic discussion which I hope ends soon.

One of the non-elite,

Dave Russell