Re: Delage (still no Healey Content)

To: "Ron Huseman" <ronhuseman@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Delage (still no Healey Content)
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:12:27 -0400
Just my 2 cents.
My opinions of the French have been constant for many years. I will not take
away their capacities for wine, food, cheese, and fine art, and visual design
although it does occur to me that their greatest talents seem to be in areas
that facilitate self indulgence.

I don't believe I have ever heard the words "humanitarian" and "France" used
in the same sentence...

France DOES support international efforts to liberate oppressed peoples, but
apparently only when it is France that is being liberated. Twice in the last
100 years.

As for their cars, some of their designs are beautiful, but as a whole, they
are not engineered well enough to be durable or practical. Too often, their
designs are different, -just to be different, at the cost of usefulness.
(Seems to be a recurring social theme)

I first really noticed France's lack of political backbone and duplicitousness
when they refused to give "flyover" rights to airstrikes against Libya in
retaliation for terrorist acts back in the '70s. Libya was a major player in
terrorism back then, and we went ahead with the strikes despite France's lack
of support.. and we have not had similar trouble with Libya for 25 years...

If France wants to be seen as a world leader, as they seem to think they
are...  Then they need to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty once
in a while. Demonstrate a willingness to do something other than just for
themselves.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA