Re: Delage (still no Healey Content)

To: "Rick Neville" <healeyrick@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Delage (still no Healey Content)
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:31:03 -0400
Rick,
I was lucky enough to be able to get to CA for the 50th annual Pebble Beach
Concours a couple of years ago. The "theme" or featured autos were "teardrop"
designs from the 30's. There had to be at least 60 of them, and I forget how
many cars overall. Many of the cars in the website you cited were there..
(They had also collected as many of the previous 50 "best in show" cars from
the history of the Pebble Beach event.)
The cars were.. just other-worldly, more fluid sculpture than transportation.
Huge automobiles for the most part, but almost liquid in appearance. Amazing
stuff. It was hard to try to see an entire massive fairway packed with cars
for a moment or two apiece, when each car would be the centerpiece of a show
anywhere else!
I remember also that the cars which were sold the previous two days were as
impressive as those on display. I think prices averaged over $1,000,000.00 per
car..

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA