RE: Front Suspension

To: "'Ray Juncal'" <gonzo18@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Front Suspension
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:24:01 -0400
Hi Ray,
On the BN1 arms the half moon (cotter) pins are vertical whereas on the
later cars they slope inward toward the top. As I recall this modification
prevents interference between the top of the pins and the steering arm on
full droop.
For this reason the BN1 arms are all the same but the later type are pairs.
I check arms for straightness using a surface table to do comparisons. The
most common problem is a bow in the arms resulting from their being heated,
with the spring load on them, to free up the spring pan bolts,

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com