Re: Media blast or acid dip?

To: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>
Subject: Re: Media blast or acid dip?
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:58:17 -0400
Why is it that buddies all stand around and root for you to go whole-hog on a
restoration? ...they always do, ya, know! But to be fair, they are also
willing to drink your beer while you are under the car scraping off
undercoat.....

I was told that dipping the frame was not a good idea because of the enclosed
box frame, ---that you can't be sure you've got the acid out. -Without
drilling holes... I had mine blasted, and have not seen any problems or areas
that were missed.

I stripped the body panels with stripper by hand....   I was young and stupid
then. -I've also heard that blasting the body panels can warp them, and the
resulting rough surface is unnecessary. possibly urban myth, I don't know.