Re: Alternator or Generator?

To: ahpowered@hotmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternator or Generator?
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:13:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/27/04 4:06:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ahpowered@hotmail.com writes:
My generator seems to do nothing. The ignition light stays on and I cannot
get a spark holding a screwdriver arching the two terminal posts on
generator when reving engine.
Scott and all,
An easier way to check and see if the generator is generating (or alternator
alternating) is to put a bolt up to the center of the unit at the back.  They
create a magnetic field when working and the bolt will stick.  Of course,a
volt ohm meter does a good job of checking output also.  ;-)
Cheers,
Dave
59 BT 7
Paradise, CA