Re: Crowfoot flair nut set at Home Depot

To: "Esko & Megan Cate" <enmcate@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crowfoot flair nut set at Home Depot
From: ahy3000@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:53:40 +0000
Finding the appropriate tool for the job includes both function and price.
While there is some pleasure in owning the very best of something,
considerations like putting the kids through college often dictate that we
compromise.  The stuff I use often, I invest more into.  If  I'm buying a
wrench or a screwdrive to grind down for another use, I shop in the bargan
stores.
I recently had to remove a GFI plug from a hairdryer.  To keep people from
messing with it, the screws are straight slot but have a ridge in the center of
the slot.  Grinding a V into a cheap screwdriver gave me what I needed for
probably a one-time use.
My two cents (not that I wouldn't pay 10 cents under the right circumstances).
BW
--
Burt Weiner
'63 BJ7