Re: Suspension travel - Max Bump & max Droop of the back &

To: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Suspension travel - Max Bump & max Droop of the back &
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:55:56 -0400
Within the responses concerning ride height, there was mention of the rear
ride height and also the gap between tyre and body.
Assuming most people are using radials, I would think that using the correct
(BT7) 165x15 or 175SRx15 tyres etc., is important when gauging the ride
height. Many cars, like mine when I bought it, have radials with lower profile
tyres, as they are easier to find and possibly less expensive. I have pics of
my car with both those, and the tall profile tyres which are closer to the
original Roadspeeds. They fill the wheel wells much better, give a better ride
height, as well as giving more accurate speedometer / odometer readings.
No comment on the taller profile tyre's effect on handling, for those trying
to squeeze the last oz of grip for competition...

Dave