Metal finishing; Cad vs. Tin, etc?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Metal finishing; Cad vs. Tin, etc?
From: "Gary Moomau" <moomau@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:56:26 -0700
In one of the many responses I received re: BJ8 Nuts and Bolts, one
suggested Cad plating.  Not knowing Cad Plating from Chrome Plating I
searched the Web only to find Pandora's Box out there.  I have read some
pro's and con's regarding Cad vs. Tin (Mostly environment issues).  There
was also the issue of doing it yourself (Caswell's, Eastwood, Etc.) as
opposed to sending it off to a shop.  Can the list give me some guidance or
web sites that can assist me in my research.  Thanks.

Gary

Yucaipa, CA