Aluminum Head Valve Adjustment

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aluminum Head Valve Adjustment
From: Doug Miller <enginem@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:25:44 -0700
This is a status report and follow up to my original request for info.
Thanks to all who responded.  I did receive a recommendation from
Jonathan at Denis Welch.  He recommended .012 clearance hot.  I just
checked it out with that clearance and unfortunately it is still noisy.
At least I have the piece of mind that I am running the correct
clearance.
With regard to the gasket used.  I have the same experience as Dave
Russell and used the same installation procedure i.e. copper gasket with
Copper Coat sealant.  No leakage after 5,000 plus miles.
Doug Miller

Check out the new British Cars Forum: