Should I undercoat Healey? - Too late . . .

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Should I undercoat Healey? - Too late . . .
From: Brett Bonner <bbbonner@fedex.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:13:41 -0500
Well, by the time I got to the guy, he had already undercoated the wheel
wells.  I know the condition of the car and it has no rust underneath.  We
took plenty of pictures.  I'm going to leave it alone from now and monitor
how it develops.

On this car, I ran out of time and this guy is better on body and paint than
me.  He is going the extra mile on the car in a number of ways.  I couldn't
ask him to sandblast it off, but he was prepared to do so.  Before he
undercoated the car, he took plenty of picture to show the metal is very
nice.  He masked off everything, made sure drain holes stayed open.  Then he
undercoated.  He could have just as easily painted it, but he thought the
car better protected.  So there we are.

If and when I go concours, we will just have to deal with it then.  By then,
we might have a proper lift where we don't have to do everything on our
backs.

Sir - thank you for your excellent help.  I read most of the emails on this
ring whenever I need a little pick-me-up with a shot of enthusiasm.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: