Re: Frame/body support structure

To: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>,
Subject: Re: Frame/body support structure
From: "Rick Neves _._" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:13:45 -0400
Hey David,

I used dollies for my Healey restoration. One under where the back axel would
be and one under where the front suspension would be. I used a couple of big
timbers (6X6) in between the dollies and the frame at certain times to give me
extra height. The dollies allow you to push the frame sideways around in the
garage as you work on one side or the other. The other thing I did was I got
the whole thing up on two meta saw horses. These came from a sort of make
shift table. They were strong enough to hold the whole frame up about 30
inches or so from the ground. Only for light work. It was a little precarious
but it worked.

One note about the dollies. I got a couple of cheap dollies ~25$ and the
wheels didn't pivot well under weight. They rolled OK but didn't turn well. I
had one that actually worked well and I guess it had higher quality casters.
That would be something to look for.

I think there's a short of the frame up on these horses on my website
http://www.rickneves.com/FrameRepair.html

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN2