Healey Sightings

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healey Sightings
From: Joe Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:41:47 +1000
Yes more than one
A seriously fast looking BJ8,lowered,with negative camber and a roll
over bar fitted and side exhaust could have been the Chris Dimmock
machine and another dark blue[original color I am reliably informed] 100
that had two extra seats formed in the rear shroud and sounding for all
the world that it was fitted with a throaty six cylinder was also parked
on the school green and running on disc wheels--must have been Pat
Quinn.

Also in attendance were Austin A40
2-doors,4-doors,convertibles,utilities,table trays and 2 off A40 Sports
that were originally offered up by Austin management as alternatives to
the Healey 100
Austin A90,A95 and Westminister and even an Austin 7.Austin Freeway.
Austin 1100 & 1800 plus the badge engineered Riley and Wolsley variants.

Proper Rileys and Wolsley [ Wolsley made sheep shearing equipment in
Australia before moving to motor cars]
Vauxhall,Alvis,Jags,Rolls, Daimlers,MG,Lotus,Riley, Humbers and
Hillmans.
Ford Cortina,Anglia and Zephyr.
Morris Minors in a major way,every type known plus some.
Minis and Mini-Coopers.
Morris Majors and Austin Lancers.A Morris Cowly [prototype MGs]
Triumph TR's and even a Mayflower.Triumph 2000 & 2.5
Rover 90, 2000 & 3.5 ,   Landrover

Also rumored, was a works 3000 seen speeding across the Sydney Harbour
Bridge and last seen passing the Opera House and off to down town
central Sydney.

All in all not a bad day for the British. Same place same time next
year.

If I have left anyone out possibly Pat and/or Chris can add to the list.

Regards Joe

Check out the new British Cars Forum: