Re: Quote of the Day

To: "healeylist" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Quote of the Day
From: Eric (Rick) Wilkins <wilko2@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:22:40 -0700
I just saw that episode today (for the third time).

The day he drove the Healey it was raining and the track was all wet.
He loved the handling, even in the rain.
The car was bumperless and it had a pair of Lucas 700's. One SLR and
one SFT (just like mine!)

Rick
San Diego

On Aug 22, 2004, at 8:14 PM, Bob Spidell wrote:

> "Isn't that the best-looking sports car you've ever seen!"
>
> - Ian Forrest, Racing Instructor, in a heavy Scottish  brogue after
> evaluating
> a 3000 Mk II for the "A Car Is Reborn" series.  I only understand bits
> and pieces
> of his comments--most were made inside the cockpit of the Healey on the
> track--I may have to get Norman to translate ;)
>
> BTW, the Healey took second place (of 10 cars) with 45 points out of
> 50.  A
> Lotus Cortina GT took first.  The Healey only got 7 of 10 in the
> "Comfort"
> category or it would have won.  There was some pretty exotic
> competition,
> including an Alfa and some race-tricked Triumphs.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: