Re: Bumper Overriders

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <mewilliams@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Bumper Overriders
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:24:18 -0400
Sorry folks, I shouldn't have tried to answer that when I was so tired
(working on Healeys all day..gotta love it)
I'll take another run at this one.
The Hundred overrider when viewed from the side does not have the little
indentation to follow the recess in the middle of the bumper. The 6 cylinder
overrider does have this indentation to force the T rubber strip to follow the
profile.
Further to this on the Hundreds there is a small recess or cutout just above
of where the T rubber contacts the overrider. The repros I've seen do not have
this.  Viewed looking down from above, the open back edge of the overrider
drops vertically and then just before the bumper, the edge cuts in a bit to
where it starts the T rubber. Damn, this is hard to describe.
Another thing to watch for is the over all shape of the overrider. The sides
continuing above the bumper slim in toward the top but the sidewalls are quite
straight with a bit of a flat on the top edge, and are not rounded as some
repros are.
Rich