Cam Question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam Question
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:23:51 EDT
I am reassembling my 100/4 and have a new (Victoria British) 100M camshaft to
install.  Two questions for the list...

1.  How far in should the cam plug go?  i.e. the screw that goes in the end
away from the gearing?  The old one went in far enough to leave about 3/8th of
an inch.  The new one just goes in barely past flush.

2.  How freely should the new cam shaft turn? i.e. I can turn it by hand with
the gear on but it certainly has some resistance.  More so than the cam that
came out.  Is this just the "New" which will go away with break in?

Many thanks to all replies!!

Gary Fuqua

Check out the new British Cars Forum: