Re: Trasnsmission problem

To: <SJNNOCK@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Trasnsmission problem
From: "Rick Neves _._" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 06:43:17 -0400
Hey Norman,
Thanks for responding.

I put those balls in myself and although they're tricky to keep in while
putting back the cover I'm sure they stayed in. Also, I thought that those
balls just help to locate the sliders in one position of the other. I didn't
think they actually prevented one gear from engaging while another was
engaged. I thought it was just the channel that the selector dog runs in,
which I figure must be worn in my case allowing the selector to move into the
3-4 channel while the 1-2 is still engaged a little.

I did manage to get the tyranny back to normal, by applying slight left hand
pressure on the stick and sliding up and down. I think that had the effect of
sliding the selector bar of the 1-2nd gear by rubbing on the side of it,  and
move it back into the neutral position.

I know it will happen again. I'm just wondering what parts I should think
about replacing.

I will definitely double check that ball!

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2

_._