Trasnsmission problem

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trasnsmission problem
From: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 19:01:18 -0400
This happened to me one time before.

The transsmission seems to be out of wack.

When in neutral it seems to be in second gear and in every other position it
seems to be in like two gears at the same time. I guess may be its always
stuck in second so when in neutral it at least can move.

The last time this happened I took the stick control cover off and moved the
shifter rods so it was in neutral and then reinstalled the cover and its been
OK since.

Of course I havn't got the vehicle on the road yet and I'm about to do that in
the next few weeks.

Has anybody had this happen before and is there any cure without opening the
cover?

And what needs replacing??

Thanks

Sincerely