RE: bj8 accelerator problem

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, "Healeys"
Subject: RE: bj8 accelerator problem
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:11:57 -0700
That's exactly what we think. It's got to be something that connects to the
part of the rod dissapearing into the driver's footwell connecting at
90degrees to the rod that comes back parallel before heading up. Problem is
we can't see that clamp to tighten it. Can you get to that distal hidden end
by removing the trans tunnel through the cockpit?
It seems to be way up and behind the tranny. I got over and under the car
but can't see where the rod reverses course. Just the end of the rod AFTER
it reverses course, then heads up (where most people think I should
tighten). I might mention that if I pull the pedal back say 45degrees behind
level with the brake it would function fine there, going down and springing
back up. Just a very weird way to drive.
Ron
   The fact that you can pull the pedal up, and nothing under the hood moves
indicates that the clamp that is slipping is the one where the pedal shaft
exits the driver's footwell and enters the engine compartment. David W.
Jones
  '62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
  Cumberland, RI USA

Check out the new British Cars Forum: