Re: Color of brake drums

To: healey3000bn7@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Color of brake drums
From: RAHosmer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:35:05 EDT
Carlos,

There is NO question but that the CORRECT color is the same silver/aluminum
tone as used on the wheels themselves.

IMHO, I think this looks fine on the early drum/drum cars, but kinda odd on
any of the disc/drum models. Many people, including myself, like the more
'uniform' look that is obtained by painting the (rear) drums black.

Having said that, some people do REALLY different things, such as matching
the body color, goldtone, etc. These special colors are sometimes applied to
the
front calipers as well.

Anything non-original will lead to concourse deductions, hopefully the black
being somewhat more "acceptable" than ANY circus job - but I am ignorant of
the official rules.

As to special coatings - the Ace hardware (or 60s equivalent) black spray
paint has lasted me 42 years!

Dick Hosmer
BT7L18556

Check out the new British Cars Forum: