Re: speedo grommet

To: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: speedo grommet
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:59:53 -0400
Bob,
Having recently helped a friend who has a TR3a I was able to discover that
the speedo cable grommet it uses is perfect for our uses. The centre hole of
the grommet where the small cable end must be forced through has a thin
sleeved portion that is very flexible yet strong. I recently sent for one
and installed it on a customer's BJ8 with no trouble at all. The outer
diameter is for a 1 1/4" hole (perfect) and to install the cable end I
simply used a bit of silicone spray to the centre area of the grommet and
the cable end slipped through with very little effort. I slid it along the
cable sleeve, ran the assembly through the gearbox cover and popped the
grommet into its hole in the cover. A nice snug fit of both i.d. and o.d.
It is Moss # 650-005 and lists for $1.00 in the Moss online listing.
Rich Chrysler