Engine Install

To: list healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Install
From: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 18:19:08 -0400
Thanks to all on the list for responses on my engine install problems.
I didn't state my strategy for installation of the gearbox correctly. I
do know that I need to put the tranny in from the top (through the
interior). What I meant was that I was going to be on my back, under
it, to install it. I just didn't say that! Sorry.

Has anyone on the list installed the Smitty conversion with the
assembly complete (engine and tranny) from the top? It won't help me to
get the tilting device attached to the lift if it just won't fit that
way.

For those who have done the tranny install AFTER the engine is in, any
suggestions on which bolts to try to secure first? Or, does it matter?

By the way, do your children, wives and friends who were only trying to
help eventually speak to you again after you have vented your
frustration at them rather than the car?

Thanks to all.

Lin
1960 BT7 in restoration
1959 Bugeye