Re: e bay scam

To: djjob@noos.fr
Subject: Re: e bay scam
From: Rohan Marr <rohanmarr@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:29:00 -0700
The simple answer is they steal them. These are what you call hijacked
accounts and the real owner is most likely unaware he has an auction
going. This is from gaining the account information from those fake
'phishing' emails supposedly from Ebay asking you to reset your account
details etc and providing the scammer with all your passwords etc. That
way they appear legit when you check the history and feedback of the
seller.

Here is an interesting website that explains the process quite well (I
stumbled across it recently). It is rather strongly worded and
opinionated but it is on the mark.
http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm

Rohan.

On Sep 9, 2004, at 12:24 PM, djjob@noos.fr wrote:

> Want a gold concours BN6 for $ 9700!!! Better bid quickly only 17
> hours left.
>
> The photo used is of a gold concous car, the real owner of which I was
> in contact with 2 days ago. The car is pictured at the Cranbrook
> Concours d' Elegance.
>
> How do these people fake their e bay history??
>
> Derek

Check out the new British Cars Forum: