Re: BN2 generator attachment (stud)

To: <CNAArndt@aol.com>, "\"Allen C Miller, Jr.\""
Subject: Re: BN2 generator attachment (stud)
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:42:36 -0400
I was fortunate enough to start off with a really nice tap and dye set that I
inherited, and as I went through my car, I used it mainly to repair damaged
threads prior to plating. In some instances though, I needed to replace
threaded bits altogether, and located the proper additional dies and made my
own parts from rod stock from the local hardware store.. (Don't know about
BSF, BSW dies, but I was able to find those I needed) Perhaps you can borrow
the dies for your job from someone, or I'm sure a decent machine shop could
make one. -Should not be too expensive, in the greater scheme of things.
Among others, I made tricarb linkage rods, the studs that hold the tricarb air
cleaners on, a couple of exhaust manifold studs, etc.

Dave J.