RE: Braided fuel line question

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Braided fuel line question
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:49:46 -0400
Recommend you go to a local hydraulic shop and have the lines cut with their
cut off saw.  Quick and easy, no frayed ends and most places will only
charge a small amount if anything.  They can also swedge fittings on for you
quickly and easily.
Pete
Subject: Braided fuel line question

-Anybody have a suggestion on how best to cut steel braided fuel line,
leaving
a neat (non frayed) end?

I need to replace the short piece between the 2nd and 3rd carbs, and have a
long piece I could cut. -I know enough to push the rubber caps on to the
middle of the piece to be used, then slide them out to the ends of the line
once cut.
I was thinking of cutting the line using a small thin cut-off disk on my
Dremmel tool at high speed (even if only to cut the steel braid). Any other
thoughts?

Dave J.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: