starter....its the battery stupid

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: starter....its the battery stupid
From: djjob@noos.fr
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:59:42 MEST
Well I had lunch and a siesta and went back to visit my car.

Checked , double checked and cleaned up the earth and anything else I could
think of.

Then I decided to test the lights indicators etc just to see what happened. The
lights came on, indicators worked etc. Then I thought maybe the lights looked a
bit dim (like me!). before I could even press the starter the lights just faded
away to nothing.

So hooked up the SAAB battery and fired her up , with bright lights as
well...... Doh!!

Still its a bit funny that it started first crank in the morning and then two
hours later wouldnt even remotely turn over even once.

Thanks to all those who replied to the post

Derek
www,healeysix.net

Check out the new British Cars Forum: